Idle is a decentralized protocol and DAO that steps up DeFi by reimagining risks and yields.
Since 2019, a vast range of liquidity providers - from DAO treasury managers and institutional players to individuals - have been using Idle to maximize capital efficiency and tailor their risk exposure to their needs.
Idle offers a wide and diversified set of single-sided strategies based on leading DeFi protocols, all featuring automatically compounded interest and no locking periods. There are two core products:
- Perpetual Yield Tranches are an innovative primitive that splits a single yield source into two risk/return profiles:
- Junior Tranches are designed for risk-on users, as they offer no coverage on funds, but provide boosted yields;
- Senior Tranches are designed for risk-averse users, as they feature built-in protection on deposits (given by the Junior class’ deposits)
- Best Yield vaults are automated strategies which combine multiple yield sources and programmatically route funds in the best performing market to always provide the highest yield available.
- Junior BY vaults combine multiple Junior Tranches, allowing to automate an aggressive approach and offer significantly higher APYs
- Senior BY vaults combine Aave, Compound, and multiple Senior Tranches, allowing to maintain a conservative risk profile while maximizing returns
Idle is a core partner of Balancer and the first yield aggregator protocol integrated into Balancer’s Generalized Boosted Pools.
In the Idle Boosted 3Pool - the first released product - funds are actively used for trades on Balancer and deployed into Idle’s Junior Best Yield vaults, unlocking superior returns.